Exciting Projects!

Sunday, November 2, 2014

Well hey there friends! It certainly has been a little while.

There are some very exciting things coming up over the next couple of weeks and I wanted to share them with you!

JazzFM 91.1 Radio Special!

A few years ago I hosted a half hour special paying tribute to Clark Terry. Tonight (Sunday Nov 2nd) at 11:30pm I am doing it again! I will be sharing some songs off my current playlist with you as well as playing an exclusive unreleased live Oscar Peterson track. So please, please, PLEASE tune in! It means a lot to me. Worldwide listeners can tune in online at WWW.JAZZ.FM

Update!
Here is the music I played on Sunday night! Click the links below to buy the music.

Please support these wonderful artists.


At Home with Oscar: New YouTube Series!

 Over at the Oscar Peterson Facebook Page we announced yesterday a brand new YouTube series, "At Home with Oscar". We bring you into the Peterson house right in front of OP's Bösendorfer Imperial where you will hear and see some of your favourite piano players performing special songs just for you! We are thrilled that this project has come to life and can't wait to share the results with you. Performances will go live every other Monday starting tomorrow, November 3rd. You want to be subscribed to Oscar Peterson Legacy on YouTube so that you are guaranteed not to miss an episode. You should also be following us on Facebook - you know, for good measure. 

Trailer for "At Home with Oscar"
**Update: The first episode is now LIVE!
Gerald Clayton, "Sunny Day GO"

"Keep On Keepin' On" is Returning to Toronto!

The critically acclaimed documentary from Alan Hicks, which showcases the beautiful friendship/mentorship between Clark Terry and his student, Justin Kauflin will return to the Hot Docs Cinema starting November 14th. This doc is very personal for me. Clark has been in my life since I was born and believe me when I say that he is one of the most special human beings on this earth. We al know that he is a legend in the music world but this film gives you an inside look into Clark's life and struggles over the last 5 years. His unbelievable and inspiring positivity is the staple in this film for me. You must see it while it's here. However, the opening night screening is on November 14th and is hosted by JazzFM. Ross Porter has invited me to take part in a special Q&A prior to the screening and I of course, said yes. So please come out to enjoy the film with us and say hi! But if you can't make it, be sure to catch another screening between the 14th and 26th.

"An Oscar Peterson Christmas VINYL RELEASE"

Concord records is releasing (for the first time EVER) "An Oscar Peterson Christmas" on Vinyl and we are hosting a release event at L'Atelier Grigorian on November 23rd in Toronto! Come join myself and my Mom with Dave Young and Lorne Lofsky and pick up your copy of the vinyl (or win one of the 10 will we will be giving away) and get it signed by Dave and Lorne! We will also be playing 3 unreleased tracks from the recording date all of which have Dad SINGING on them! You don't want to miss hearing those and this will be your only opportunity!


That's all I got for now folks! As I said, some very exciting things coming up over the next few weeks. Hopefully you're enjoying some of the new things we're doing and if there is something you want to see you can comment here or send me a tweet! (Twitter.com/CelineOlivia). Have a great week!

No Comments Yet, Leave Yours!